Gazpromneft Moscow refinery suspended operations at Euro+ unit after Sept. 1 fire, caused by drone attack

September 2, 2024

MOSCOW, Sept 2 (Reuters) – Gazpromneft Moscow refinery suspended operations at combined refining unit Euro+, that includes crude distillation unit CDU-6, after a fire on Sunday, three sources told Reuters on Monday.

The plant may resume oil processing at Euro+ unit after repairs in some five to six days, the sources added.

The Moscow refinery in the southeast of the Russian capital was hit in a recent drone attack on Sept. 1, when Ukraine was also targeting Russia’s power plants.

The Moscow plant is owned by Gazpromneft, the oil arm of Russian gas giant Gazprom (GAZP.MM), opens new tab. Gazpromneft did not reply to a Reuters request for comment.

The Euro+ unit accounts for some 50% of the plant’s total prime refining capacity, as its crude distillation unit has a capacity of 6 million metric tons of oil per year.

Euro+ also includes a reforming unit with a capacity of 1 million tons per year and a diesel fuel hydrotreatment unit with a capacity of 2 million tons per year.

Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said several drones targeted the Moscow refinery and caused a fire at a “separate technical room” at the plant. State news agency TASS later quoted emergency services as saying the blaze had been contained.

In 2023 Moscow plant processed 11.6 million tons of crude oil, producing 2.6 million tons of gasoline, 3,3 million tons of gasoil, 2,3 million tonnes of fuel oil and 0.9 million tonnes of jet fuel.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/gazpromneft-moscow-refinery-suspended-operations-euro-unit-after-sept-1-fire-2024-09-02

5 comments

  1. Reuters reports that the plant may resume oil refining at the Euro+ facility after repairs in approximately five to six days.

Enter comments here: