April 26, 2023
A bipartisan draft resolution of the US House of Representatives “On the Position of the House of Representatives on the Conditions for Ukraine’s Victory” has been presented in Washington.
Source: Oksana Markarova, Ambassador of Ukraine to the United States, on Facebook
Quote: “Chair of the U.S. Helsinki Commission Congressman Joe Wilson (Republican), Co-Chair Steve Cohen (Democrat) and Co-Chair of the Congressional Ukraine Caucus Marcy Kaptur (Democrat) held a press briefing with the participation of Viktor Yushchenko, the third President of Ukraine.”
Details: Markarova said that the draft resolution was presented on Capitol Hill.
The document states that the U.S. House of Representatives:
- Reaffirms that it is the policy of the United States that Ukraine defeat the invasion [by the Russian Federation] and restore its internationally recognised borders of 1991;
- Believes that peace after Ukraine’s victory should be secured through Ukraine’s integration into NATO and other Euro-Atlantic institutions, which is consistent with the long-term policy of the United States;
- Declares that the United States must work with its allies and partners to ensure the following:
- Russia to pay reparations to Ukraine;
- the international community to provide assistance in rebuilding Ukraine;
- the leadership of the Russian Federation to be brought to justice for this war of aggression;
- justice to be restored for the victims of the crimes committed by Russia during the invasion.
Journalists fight on their own frontline. Support Ukrainska Pravda or become our patron!
May God bless and foster bipartisanship.
Its good to finally see a plan from someone besides Zelensky. It should pass easily but if they open it for amendments it could take a while.
I agree 100% with the draft.
If possible it should be made stronger; to make it clear that no pathway exists for military victory for putlerstan and the current sanctions regime will be strengthened quickly and exponentially.
i like it