Assault brigades called Offensive Guard, which were prepared by Interior Minister Denys Monastyrskyi before his death, immediately attracted the interest of thousands of volunteers, but recruitment continues.
Source: Rostyslav Smirnov, adviser to the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, on Facebook
Quote: “I want to tell you about the project that my friend Denys Monastyrskyi was preparing but, for tragic reasons, never managed to implement.
We are talking about the Offensive Guard, a project aimed at gathering motivated volunteers to prepare and participate in offensive operations to strengthen the main forces of our country and drive the enemy from our land as soon as possible.
The idea of the project is that anyone who wants to can choose a military unit according to their spirit, sign up, and undergo several months of mandatory combat training, followed by combat coordination of new units. That is, not on the conditions of general mobilisation wherever you are assigned’, but on your own initiative to the unit that matches your values and ideology.”
Details: According to Smirnov, thousands of potential candidates applied to the Ministry of Internal Affairs on the first day of the project, but recruitment is still ongoing, so you can join one of the eight units.
- Stalevyi kordon (Steel Border, the brigade of the State Border Service of Ukraine);
- Chervona Kalyna (Red viburnum, the brigade already includes servicemen who participated in the battles in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, defended Kyiv);
- Liut (Rage, the brigade of the National Police of Ukraine);
- Rubizh (Frontier consists of servicemen who defended the Hostomel airport, Rubizhne in the Luhansk Oblast have already entered the ranks of the brigade);
- Spartan (powerful assault brigade, defended Kharkiv);
- Kara Dag (“punishment for Crimea”, will participate in the liberation of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea);
- Burevii (Hurricane, the disposal brigade of the Russian military, as Smirnov writes);
- Azov (legendary unit, one of the main centres of defence of Mariupol).
Volunteers who will become stormtroopers will receive many social guarantees: a stable and competitive salary, the opportunity to get housing, treatment in state institutions, training, and other “substantial advantages” within the framework of this project, as it is stressed.
“Assault brigades called Offensive Guard, which were prepared by Interior Minister Denys Monastyrskyi before his death, immediately attracted the interest of thousands of volunteers, but recruitment continues.”
An old adage springs to mind. One volunteer is worth ten pressed men. Not one jail was emptied, or Ukrainian dragged off the street in this recruitment drive.
Ukraine faces an existential threat. Therefore its government (if it has not already done so) should be encouraging every single member of the global diaspora with military training to volunteer. It would show the world that Ukraine is united against the putinazi savages.
The govts in their country of residence should guarantee to hold their jobs open until the crisis has been averted.
I am very glad that this project is successful. I didn’t expect anything else.
Meanwhile in fascist ruzzia they are forcing men to fight for their Fuhrer.
Yeah, even at gunpoint.