Translated from Ukrainian via Google and OFP
Russian troops are conducting offensive operations in the Bakhmut and Avdeevsky directions, and are also trying to improve the tactical situation in Kupyansky and Limansky. At the same time, the enemy continues to suffer significant losses.
This was reported in a statement of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on Facebook on the evening of January 15. It is noted that in the Novopavlovsk, Zaporozhye and Kherson directions, the invaders are on the defensive.
In addition, during the day, the enemy made 8 attacks from multiple launch rocket systems.
In general, the situation in the main areas is as follows:
- No enemy offensive groupings were found in the Volyn, Polessky, Seversky and Slobozhansky directions. At the same time , the areas of the settlements of Sopich, Volkovka and Kondratovka of the Sumy region and Staritsa, Guryev Kazachok, Budarki, Volchansk, Strelka, Ternova, Khatney and Topoli in the Kharkiv region were subjected to mortar and artillery shelling;
- In the Kupyansky and Limansky directions, the enemy fired at areas of more than 15 settlements. Among them are Dvurechnaya, Kotlyarovka, Starch, Berestovoe and Olshana in the Kharkiv region, as well as Novoselovskoe, Stelmakhovka, Nevskoe, Kuzmino and Krasnopopovka in the Luhansk region;
- In the Bakhmut direction, the positions of our troops were fired at in areas of more than 20 settlements. In particular, these are Spirne, Krasnaya Gora, Kleschievka, Ivano-Daryevka, Soledar, Bakhmut, Druzhba and Northern Donetsk region;
- In the Avdeevka direction, Georgievka, Veseloe, Avdeevka, Maryinka, Vodyanoye and Novomikhailovka in the Donetsk region came under fire from the invaders;
- In the Novopavlovsky direction, Ugledar, Prechistovka and Nikolsky Dachi were fired upon;
- In the Zaporozhye direction, the enemy inflicted a fiery defeat in areas of more than 20 settlements, in particular – Milovoe, Gulyaipole, Dorozhnyanka, Zheleznodorozhnoe, Charivnoe, Malaya Tokmachka, Stepnoye and Kachkarovka of the Zaporozhye region;
– in the Kherson direction, areas of more than 15 settlements, in particular, Kherson and its suburbs, were shelled.
According to the General Staff, the enemy continues to suffer significant losses, as a result of which there are not enough beds in the medical facilities of the occupied Gorlovka in the Donetsk region. So far, all the wounded from the front line in the Donetsk direction are being evacuated to Zhdanovka.
As noted in the report, during the day the aircraft of the Defense Forces delivered 7 strikes on the concentration areas of the invaders, as well as 2 strikes on enemy air defense positions. And our rocket and artillerymen hit 2 areas of concentration of manpower of the Russian invaders.
Recall: analysts of the American Institute for the Study of War believe that the risk of direct participation of the Belarusian army in the war against Ukraine is very low, and the risk of another Russian invasion from the territory of Belarus is low.
They noted that a potential Russian offensive into northern Ukraine in the winter of 2023 remains the worst-case scenario within forecasts.
As reported by OBOZREVATEL:
– Kremlin dictator Vladimir Putin boasted of the “positive dynamics” of the war against Ukraine, announcing the “capture” of Soledar. He claims that the situation is developing according to the plan of the Russian military command;
– Ukrainian soldier, fighter of the “Legion of Freedom” of the National Guard Volodymyr Nazarenko believes that the first phase of the battle for Bakhmut, Donetsk region, was won by the Defense Forces. He explained that the occupiers were trying to advance in the northern and southern environs of the Bakhmut direction, being afraid to attack the city “head on.”