IRYNA BALACHUK – FRIDAY, 9 SEPTEMBER 2022, 16:53
The Russian invaders announced the evacuation from the territory of Kharkiv Oblast after Ukrainian Armed Forces launched a counteroffensive and liberated some of the settlements.
Quote from the collaborator Gubin: “We are trying to concentrate all our efforts on evacuating the local population for at least 3-4 days, until the situation is stabilised.
We are organising evacuation cars and buses. People are being taken to the “Luhansk People’s Republic” to Svatove and to Logachevka [a village in the Valuisk district of Belgorod Oblast – ed.] in Russia. People are being placed in temporary accommodation points.”
Details: According to TASS, “evacuation” is underway from Izium, Kupiansk and Velykyi Burluk in Kharkiv Oblast.
RIA Novosti reports that “women and children from Kharkiv Oblast” will be accepted “in the sanatoriums of Krasnodar Krai”.
Russian news outlets note that “the situation in the Kupiansk district of Kharkiv Oblast remains difficult,” but the Russian military allegedly “holds the city.”
Gubin added that Ukrainian forces are conducting active combat operations in the Shevchenkivskyi district; according to him, that is currently the location of the front line.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine launched a counteroffensive on the Russian-occupied territories of Ukraine.
- According to the Defence Forces of Ukraine, more than 700 square kilometres have already been reclaimed on the Kharkiv and Pivdennyi Buh fronts.
- On 8 September, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy confirmed the information about the liberation of Balaklia by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- Dmitriy Peskov, the Press Secretary of the President of the Russian Federation, refused to comment on the issue of the counteroffensive of the Ukrainian Armed Forces on the Russian-occupied territory of Ukraine, and forwarded this question to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.
- On 9 September, the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) reported that Ukrainian forces are likely to liberate Kupiansk within the next 72 hours, which will seriously disrupt Russian supply routes in eastern Ukraine.