The new package includes six NASAMS anti-aircraft missile systems, projectiles for various weapons, unmanned systems and other assistance.
The Pentagon spoke about the content of a new aid package to Ukraine in the amount of $3 billion.
This is stated in a statement by Pentagon spokesman Patrick Ryder.
“On August 24, the U.S. Department of Defense announced approximately $3 billion in additional security for Ukraine under the Ukraine Assistance Security Initiative (USAI),” the statement said.play video
In particular, this assistance package provides Ukraine with:
- six additional national modern NASAMS anti-aircraft missile systems with additional ammunition for them;
- up to 245 thousand shells for 155-mm artillery systems,
- up to 65 thousand shells for 120-mm mortars,
- up to 24 counter-artillery radars,
- Puma unmanned aerial systems (UAS) and additional support equipment for ScanEagle drones,
- anti-aircraft unmanned systems VAMPIRE,
- missile systems with laser guidance,
- as well as facilities for training, maintenance and support of equipment.
As UNIAN reported earlier, today, August 24, US President Joe Biden decided to provide Ukraine with a military aid package worth almost $3 billion.