Assistance will begin to arrive in August.
The new package of military assistance from the United States will include anti-ship systems, ammunition, which the Armed Forces of Ukraine really need, and special equipment.
Pentagon chief Lloyd Austin in Brussels on June 15 announced a complete list of weapons that will soon be delivered to the front of the Ukrainian army.
The $1 billion military aid package for Ukraine from the United States will include:
- 18 155 mm howitzers;
- 36 thousand 155-mm shells;
- 18 tactical vehicles for transporting howitzers;
- additional shells for HIMARS;
- 4 vehicles for equipment repair;
- 2 coast guard systems with Harpoon missiles;
- thousands of protected radio stations and optical devices, including night vision.
Aid will begin arriving in August, Austin added.