Patriarch Kirill, according to Rikard Jozwiak, did not fall under the sanctions.
EU ambassadors approved the sixth package of sanctions against Russia, which on February 24 unleashed a full-scale war against Ukraine.
Radio Liberty journalist Rikard Jozwiak announced this on Twitter .
According to the journalist, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow was not included in the sixth package of sanctions. New restrictions for the aggressor country should appear in the Official Journal of the EU tomorrow.
“The 6th package of EU sanctions against Russia was adopted by the ambassadors to the EU. Patriarch Kirill is not included,” Yozwiak said.
The details of the sixth round of sanctions against Russia are already being reported on the French Presidency of the European Union Twitter page . The list of restrictions includes:
- Sanctions against security and military personnel, industrial and technology sector organizations, oligarchs, propagandists and their families;
- a ban on oil imports from Russia by sea, which, combined with the decisions of Poland and Germany at the national level, will reduce Russian oil imports by 92% by the end of the year;
- disconnection from the Swift system of three Russian banks, including Sberbank, and one Belarusian bank;
- expanding bans on exports to Russia, including chemicals and high-tech goods;
- a ban on providing services to the Russian oil sector;
- a ban on three Russian media outlets involved in the dissemination of propaganda;
- a ban on consulting services for Russian operators.
- (C)UNIAN 2022