IRYNA BALACHUK – TUESDAY, 19 APRIL, 2022, 11:58
DEFENDERS OF MARIUPOL. COMMANDER OF THE AZOV REGIMENT LIEUTENANT COLONEL DENYS PROKOPENKO AND COMMANDER OF THE 36TH SEPARATE MARINE BRIGADE, MAJOR SERHIY VOLYNA. PHOTO FROM TELEGRAM of “AZOV”
Russia’s Defence Ministry has asked the Ukrainian military, who is defending Azovstal steelworks in Mariupol, to lay down their arms and surrender – this is the third such appeal by the invaders since early April.
Source: Russian Defence Ministry in Telegram
Details: Russia proposes the defenders of Mariupol to cease all hostilities and lay down their arms from 12:00 on 19 April.
The Russian Defence Ministry added that “everyone who lays down their arms is guaranteed to have their lives spared.”
According to the occupiers’ plan, a regime of silence should be introduced from 13:30, and from 14:00 to 16:00 “all without exception” Azovstal defenders should “come out without weapons and ammunition.”
- In March, Mariupol authorities refused to surrender the city and side with Russia.
- On 4 April, the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation offered the defenders of Ukrainian Mariupol to lay down their arms starting at 6 am on 5 April. But this did not happen.
- On 13 April, the leaders of Azov and the 36th Separate Marine Brigade recorded a joint address from the Russian-blockaded Mariupol and confirmed that they had managed to join forces to defend the city.
- On 14 April, Svyatoslav Palamar, deputy commander of the Azov Regiment, said that breaking the siege of Mariupol was possible, and the servicemen were waiting for appropriate decisive action from the country’s military and political leadership.
- On 15 April, the commander of the 36th Separate Marine Brigade, Major Serhiy Volyna, called on the authorities to break the siege of Mariupol as soon as possible, either through military or political action.
· On 17 April, the Russian occupiers once again offered the Ukrainian defenders of Mariupol to lay down their arms and surrender. However, the Ukrainian military continues to uphold the defence.
The Azov are doing a great job of tying down the rapists military. If they thought they could take all of Mariupol they wouldn’t be offering any surrender options. Not that you can trust the rapists after they said the same thing at Illovaisk.
Some writers have tried to compare this with The Alamo. But Santa Anna was a gentleman compared to the putinazi vermin.
Mariupol is going to be shown to be a historical atrocity of biblical proportions.
A previously pleasant sea port with a decent standard of living; thanks to the port, the grain elevators and with excellent sport, cultural and retail facilities, it has been subjected to rape, torture, mass deportations, genocide and total destruction.
Only a response involving the total destruction of RuSSian cities will even begin to compensate for this horror.
God bless the defenders of Ukraine and curse the demonic savages of putinazi RuSSia.
Pray for a miracle.
Ukrainian Cyborgs; “Russian occupiers, go fuck yourselves!”