The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine has started to create a situation center in accordance with the decision of the National Security and Defense Council on the digital transformation of national security and defense.
In particular, by order № 396 of 23 December 2021, the Ministry of Defense, to this end, established a working group to prepare proposals on:
- ways to create a situational center in the system of the Ministry of Defense and the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- assessment and determination of the list of threats to be responded to with the deployment of the situation center of the Ministry of Defense;
- opportunities to jointly respond to certain threats with the Armed Forces;
- development of a draft Regulation on the situation center;
- opportunities to deploy a backup situation center and a situation center on rolling stock;
- equipping the center with unified (with the Main Situation Center of Ukraine, the Government Situation Center, situation centers of state bodies and control points of the Armed Forces of Ukraine) software and hardware.
The creation of a network of such centers is provided by the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of June 4, 2021 and aims to increase the effectiveness of information and analytical support for management, interaction, coordination and control of government, law enforcement and military units in peacetime and wartime. during crisis situations that threaten the national security of Ukraine.
The network should include the Main Situation Center of Ukraine, the Government Center, security and defense situation centers, situation centers of central executive bodies, the Council of Ministers of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, regional, Kyiv and Sevastopol city state administrations, and reserve and mobile situation centers.
(C)INDUSTRIAL PORTAL UKRAINE 2022