The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine has approved the budget for 2022. A total of 268 deputies voted in favor of the document.
In 2022, state budget revenues are projected at UAH 1,322 billion, and expenditures at UAH 1,497 billion. At the same time, the security and defense sector as a whole should receive about UAH 286.6 billion or almost 6% of GDP.
The budget of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine in 2022 is planned at 133.488 billion hryvnias (in 2021 – 116.22 billion hryvnias). Of which:
- UAH 99.887 billion (UAH 88.14 billion in 2021) will be allocated to support the activities of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- UAH 28.438 billion (UAH 22.7 billion in 2021) will be spent on the development, purchase, modernization and repair of weapons, military equipment, tools and equipment;
- UAH 2.142 billion (UAH 2.5 billion in 2021) – for the disposal of ammunition, military equipment and other military property, as well as ensuring the survivability and explosion and fire safety of arsenals, bases and depots of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- UAH 464.090 million (UAH 383.5 million in 2021) will be allocated to the leadership and military administration in the field of defense;
- 1.23 billion hryvnias (1.19 billion in 2021) will go to the construction of housing for servicemen of the Armed Forces.
In addition, the Administration of the State Special Transport Service of Ukraine will receive funding in the amount of 1.326 billion hryvnias.
In turn, in 2022 it is planned to allocate UAH 4.48 billion to the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, UAH 15.153 billion to the Security Service of Ukraine, and UAH 4.461 billion to the Foreign Intelligence Service of Ukraine.
UAH 99.234 billion has been planned to finance the Ministry of Internal Affairs, of which:
- UAH 13.460 billion will be received by the Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
- UAH 14.864 billion will be received by the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine;
- UAH 14.098 billion will be received by the National Guard of Ukraine;
- UAH 16.867 billion will be received by the State Emergency Service of Ukraine;
- UAH 34.146 billion will be received by the National Police of Ukraine.
In addition, UAH 1.328 billion will be allocated for the activities of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, UAH 1.317 billion for the National Agency for Prevention of Corruption, UAH 2.68 billion for the State Bureau of Investigation, and UAH 1.826 billion for the State Protection Department of Ukraine.
The budget also includes UAH 388.132 million to finance the activities of the National Security and Defense Council, UAH 2.769 billion for the Ministry of Strategic Industries of Ukraine, UAH 1.351 billion for the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, UAH 1.504 billion for the Ministry of Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine. and the State Space Agency of Ukraine will be financed in the amount of UAH 1.219 billion.
(c)INDUSTRIAL PORTAL UKRAINE 2021