Ukrainians were told how to get free treatment in private clinics
The National Health Service will pay for medical services in non-governmental institutions.Already 271 private medical institutions and more than 500 doctors who have registered a private individual have contracts with the National Health Insurance Fund / photo – ua. depositphotos.com
In Ukraine, patients can receive free treatment and medical care in private medical institutions. The National Health Service (NHSU) will pay for these services. However, this will only be possible if the private clinic has a contract with the NHSU.
This was reported at a press briefing of the National Health Insurance Fund, which was broadcast on Facebook.
As it became known, currently in Ukraine there are already 271 private medical institutions and more than 500 doctors who have registered a private individual have contracts with the National Health Insurance Fund. Primary medical care under this agreement is provided by 228 private institutions and 528 private doctors.
“Most private providers at the primary school in Odesa oblast – 74, in Dnipropetrovsk oblast – 73 and in Lviv oblast – 61. Since April this year, the National Health Insurance Fund has paid over UAH 450 million to private institutions for primary health care, which patients received free of charge,” the press service said. service.
How to get free medical service in a private institution at a specialized level:
- The patient should receive an e-referral from a family doctor, who may also work as a private individual or in a private hospital.
- After that, already having an electronic referral, the patient can choose a private institution that provides the necessary medical service and has a contract with the National Health Insurance Fund for this package.
You can find out which private medical institutions have concluded contracts for the free provision of services for patients in a particular region of Ukraine on the official website of the National Health Insurance Fund.
The most popular areas in which private institutions have concluded an agreement with the National Health Insurance Fund:
- 57 institutions have concluded an agreement for the provision of medical care for children and adults in an outpatient setting;
- 55 medical institutions provide free services for early detection of cancer;
- 51 private clinics and 14 doctors who registered private individuals concluded contracts with the National Health Insurance Fund for vaccination of the population against COVID-19;
- Another 14 private medical institutions can perform surgical operations on Ukrainians free of charge.
In addition, private clinics draw up contracts for medical support and treatment of patients with tuberculosis. Medical facilities can also provide outpatient management services, help patients with cancer and those who have had a heart attack or stroke.
The National Health Insurance Fund also reminded that the availability of medical care for Ukrainians is ensured due to the fact that private pharmacies have become partners of the state in the government’s program of reimbursement of medicines “Affordable Medicines”.
As UNIAN reported earlier, the National Health Insurance Fund stated that patients should receive free care in trauma centers . In addition, from October 1, the list of patients who will be able to receive insulin for free will be expanded .