The average monthly salary next year will be UAH 15,258.From January 1, 2021, the minimum wage in Ukraine has been increased to UAH 6,000. / photo UNIAN, Vladimir Gontar
Prime Minister Denis Shmygal predicts that at the end of 2022 the average salary in Ukraine will exceed 17.5 thousand UAH.
He said this at a press conference when he announced the main macroeconomic indicators set out in the draft State Budget for 2022.
“Next year’s average monthly salary is UAH 15,258. This is a fairly high level. This means that at the end of the year the average salary will reach over UAH 17,500. And this will allow the real level of salaries to grow,” he said.
From January 1, 2021, the minimum wage in Ukraine has been increased to UAH 6,000.
Average salary in Ukraine:
According to the State Statistics Service, the average salary of Ukrainians for the year increased by almost a quarter and in June amounted to 14 thousand 313 UAH.
Average nominal salary:
According to the Generation of Independence: Values and Motivations poll, a third of Ukrainians would like to work abroad.
The average nominal salary of a full-time employee in Ukraine in June 2021 increased compared to June 2020 by 23.6% – up to 14 thousand.
The average nominal salary of a full-time employee in Ukraine in July 2021 increased compared to July 2020 by 21.5% – up to 14 thousand.
Situation with salaries in Ukraine:
- The unemployment rate in Ukraine in January-March 2020 compared to the 4th quarter of 2019 decreased by 0.1 percentage points. – up to 8.6% from 8.7%, which in absolute terms is 1.5 million people.
- According to the macroeconomic forecast of the Cabinet of Ministers for the next three years, the unemployment rate for the population aged 15 to 70 is projected at 9.2% in 2021, 8.5% in 2022 and 8% in 2023.
- On May 20, 2020, the Cabinet of Ministers adopted a resolution allocating UAH 2.279 billion to the Ministry of Social Policy to provide financial assistance to the Social Insurance Fund from the Fund for Combating Coronavirus Disease and its Consequences.
- In June, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine allocated UAH 2.973 billion from the Coronavirus Fund to provide financial assistance to the Social Insurance Fund of Ukraine.
- On August 25, 2020, the Verkhovna Rada passed a law on raising the minimum wage to UAH 5,000 from September 1.
- In August, wage arrears of enterprises increased by 0.6 %%. In particular, the debt to employees of economically active enterprises as of September 1 of this year increased by 0.8% and amounted to UAH 2.198 billion.
- Wage arrears of enterprises in Ukraine in September 2020 increased by 4.1% compared to August and on October 1 amounted to UAH 3.56 billion.
- Earlier, the Cabinet of Ministers increased the budget of the Social Insurance Fund in case of unemployment by UAH 6 billion.
- On October 28, 2020, the Government adopted a resolution on the allocation of additional funds in the amount of UAH 1.3 billion for the Fund of Compulsory State Social Insurance for the payment of unemployment and partial unemployment benefits for the quarantine period.
- On October 28, 2020, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine established an interdepartmental working group on repayment of debts on wages and cash security.
- Ukrainians in the first quarter of 2021 earned 983.6 billion UAH, and spent for the same period by 83.4 billion UAH more than 1 trillion. UAH 67 billion