A fine of several thousand dollars: what will the drivers of motorcycles, mopeds and scooters pay
Penalty for riding without a helmet on a scooter – 510 UAH.Driving a moped in the absence of the necessary category rights is punishable by a fine of 3400 UAH / UNIAN Vladimir Gontar
In Ukraine, driving a motorcycle in the absence of a driver’s license, as well as driving after a court decision on the confiscation of rights, can be punished by a fine of 40,800 UAH.
This is stated in Art. 126-127 Part 1 of the Code of Administrative Offenses .
Penalties for moped and scooter drivers:
- for driving without the right to a moped there is a fine of 425 UAH, according to Art. 126, h1 KUpAP;
- driving a moped in the absence of the rights of the required category is punishable by a fine of UAH 3,400;
- fine for riding without a helmet on a scooter – 510 UAH (Article 121, Part 5 of the Code of Administrative Offenses);
- repeated violation during the year – UAH 850 and confiscation of the vehicle before payment of the fine.
- fine for the absence of a helmet for a passenger of a moped / scooter / motorcycle – UAH 510,
- second violation recorded during the year – UAH 850.
Fines for motorcyclists:
- speeding – 340-1700 UAH;
- driving a motorcycle in a state of intoxication – 17-51 thousand UAH;
- no helmet for the driver or passenger – UAH 510;
- driving without a license, if the driver is not with him, but can present later – 425 UAH;
- driving without a license, when a person has never had and does not have at the time of verification of the rights of the required category – 3400 UAH
- after the rights were revoked by a court decision – UAH 20,400;
- re-riding within a year after deprivation of rights by court decision – UAH 40,800.
Fine for driving without category A in Ukraine
Fine for driving without open category A – UAH 3,400.
Repeated fine during the year – up to UAH 40,800.
New fines for traffic violations by car drivers: what has changed
On March 17, 2021, a new law came into force in Ukraine, which, in particular, increases the penalties for driving under the influence of alcohol:
for the first time – a fine of 17 thousand UAH and deprivation of driver’s license for one year;
for repeated violation – a fine of 34 thousand UAH and deprivation of rights for 3 years;
for the third violation – a fine of 51 thousand UAH and deprivation of rights for 10 years with confiscation of the vehicle, the person may be subject to administrative arrest for up to 15 days.
In addition, under the new law, drunk driving has become a separate article in the Criminal Code (286-1), which provides for the strengthening of criminal liability for an accident committed in a state of alcohol or other intoxication, which led to:
moderate injuries – from three years in prison and deprivation of driver’s license for a period of 3 to 5 years;
grievous bodily harm – from 3 to 8 years in prison and from 5 to 8 years without rights;
death of the victim – from 5 to 10 years in prison and deprivation of rights for a term of 5 to 10 years;
several deaths – from 7 to 12 years in prison and deprivation of rights for a term of 7 to 12 years.
Among other changes are:
increase in fines for speeding by more than 50 km / h (from 510 to 3400 UAH) and for leaving the scene of an accident (from 255 to 3400 UAH with disqualification for a period of 1-2 years or without such);
increase in fines for driving or transferring control to a person without a driver’s license (from 510 to 3400 UAH);
increase in fines for driving a person who was deprived of rights (from 510 to 20400 UAH).
Author: Elena Kovalenko