Up to $ 5,000 for vacations: Ukrainian teachers go to work en masse
In Poland, the number of Ukrainian teachers who came for seasonal work is growing.Teachers come to work in Poland after exams in Ukraine / Illustration REUTERS
Since the beginning of 2021, compared to the summer of 2020, the number of Ukrainian teachers who go to work in the summer has increased. Workers from Ukraine in Poland earn up to 5 thousand dollars for three months of summer vacation.
The number of teachers working on vacation in Poland has increased by 15% over the year. This was reported by the Analytical Center of the company for international employment Gremi Personal .
According to the survey, in the summer during seasonal work, Ukrainian teachers make up about 5% of the total number of Ukrainian labor migrants.
Teachers come to work in Poland after exams in Ukraine in early to mid-June and work until the end of August.
“Teachers are looking for vacancies where you can earn quickly and well in the summer season. They are employed in the food industry (meat plants, fish factories, confectioneries), electronics factories, logistics warehouses, as well as hotels and restaurants where workers are needed in the summer. On average, a Ukrainian teacher can earn $ 3-5 thousand in 3 months of vacation in Poland, “said Anna Jobolda, Director of Gremi Personal Recruitment.
How much are Ukrainians in Poland willing to pay:
- dentist in a private clinic in Poland offer a salary of 120 to 145 thousand UAH per month;
- Ukrainian therapist in Poland is willing to pay 75 thousand UAH per month;
- a seamstress can earn UAH 25,000 a month;
- the welder is promised up to 52 thousand UAH per month;
- handymen are promised about 30 thousand UAH per month;
- warehouse cleaners are offered a salary of about 33 thousand UAH per month;
- builders can earn about 45 thousand UAH per month;
- electricians are offered a salary of about 40 thousand UAH.
Salary in Ukraine:
- The average nominal salary of a full-time employee in Ukraine in March 2021 increased compared to March 2020 by 18.9% – up to 13 thousand 612 UAH.
- According to the State Employment Service, as of January 2021, the number of registered unemployed amounted to 477 thousand people.
- According to a survey of 7,700 Ukrainian jobseekers as of February 2021, more than 90% of workers did not plan to look for work in Ukraine, and every second applicant went abroad to Poland.
Ukrainians in Poland: what you need to know:
- According to official data, the number of legally employed workers in Poland continues to grow , most of them Ukrainians.
- As of the end of 2020, 725,000 foreigners officially working in Poland were registered.
- This is 36 thousand more than at the end of September 2020, or 55 thousand more than before the pandemic in February 2020.
- As of February 8, 2021, the demand for workers from Ukraine has increased in Poland. Popular specialties include an automation specialist, a roofer, a locksmith, a road construction technician and a software technician.
- As of May 21, 2021, Poland has relaxed the quarantine requirements for seasonal workers from Ukraine.
- As of July 20, 2021, there were about 1.5 million Ukrainian labor migrants in Poland .
- (C)UNIAN 2021