On the official website of the Olympics, Crimea was separated from Ukraine by a border (photo)
The borders of Ukraine were incorrectly depicted on the Olympic portal.The Olympics are held in Tokyo / photo by REUTERS
On the website of the Olympic Games in Tokyo , Crimea was separated from Ukraine by a border.
On the page of the national team of Ukraine on the site of games in the pop-up window Olympics – Cheer Zone there is a map of the world – Fan Map.
This map shows a blue line between the mainland of Ukraine and the Crimea, marking the border.This is what the page of Ukraine on the site / olympics.com looks likeMap of Ukraine without Crimea on the site OI / olympics.com
It will be recalled that the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Tokyo will be held on July 23. The games will last until August 8.
Ukraine at the Olympic Games in Tokyo: the main thing
- 157 athletes will represent Ukraine at the Olympics in Tokyo: the composition of the team was announced in July. They will perform in 29 types.
- President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky met with the Olympians before they left for Tokyo.
- The uniform of the Ukrainian national team was presented , but not all fans appreciated it.
- Olympic champion Oleg Vernyaev will not go to the Olympics due to doping. The Ukrainian wrestling team was also left without its star . And tennis player Marta Kostyuk will not be able to perform at the Olympics due to injury . The European champion, weightlifter Dmytro Chumak will also miss the games.
- Ukrainian athletes will receive $ 125,000 for gold medals at the Olympics, $ 80,000 for silver, and $ 55 for bronze.
- It became known who will carry the flag of Ukraine at the opening ceremony.
Read the latest news of Ukraine and the world on the UNIAN channel in Telegram