In March, Shota was found guilty of distributing extremist materials and fined.Shota was reportedly detained outside his house / Photo from s13.ru
Editor-in-chief of the Hrodna.life news portal Alexei Shota has been detained in the city of Grodno (Hrodna).
This was reported by the Belarusian Association of Journalists on Telegram on Sunday, May 30.
Shota was detained outside his house. Meanwhile, according to the portal, a minibus drove up to the detainee’s house and he was escorted into it by unidentified persons.
Shota previously worked for the Belarusian opposition portal Tut.by. Some of the portal’s employees were detained.
In March 2021, a court in Grodno considered a case against Hrodna.life’s editor-in-chief, who was found guilty of distributing extremist materials and fined.
Arrest of NEXTA’s ex-editor Roman Protasevich in Minsk
- On May 23, 2021, Roman Protasevich, 26, a co-founder and former editor of the NEXTA channel on the messaging app Telegram, was arrested along with his girlfriend after his Ryanair flight had been forcedly landed Minsk airport.
- Soon, Belarus’ KGB shared a video with the interrogation of the journalist. He also appears to have a small black spot on his forehead.
- Protasevich is reportedly facing the death penalty in Belarus.
- NEXTA is the Telegram channel NEXTA, which covers political events in Belarus, helped mobilize recent protests against Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko.
- In November 2020, Protasevich and another founder of NEXTA Stepan Putilo, 22, were put on the wanted list; before that, a case had been opened against them for organizing mass riots in Belarus.
Read more on UNIAN: https://www.unian.info/world/belarus-authorities-detain-another-journalist-11437357.html
Let’s have some more dialogue. Maybe loony Luka will repent.
Only Putin could make him do that, lol…