Russia bans entry to the President of the European Parliament and the PACE Special Rapporteur on the Navalny poisoning case
Russia has closed the entry to the country for eight representatives of the official structures of the European Union and individual European countries. This was announced by the Russian Foreign Ministry.
It is now prohibited to enter Russia:
- the President of the European Parliament David Sassoli;
- Ivars Abolins, Chairman of the Latvian National Council for Electronic Media;
- Director of the Center for the State Language of Latvia, Maris Baltins;
- member of the French delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), PACE special rapporteur on the case of the poisoning of Alexei Navalny, Jacques Mayor;
- the head of the prosecutor’s office in Berlin, Jörg Raupach;
- Osse Scott, Head of the Laboratory of Chemical, Biological, Radiation and Nuclear Safety of the Research Institute for Total Defense of Sweden;
- the head of the Estonian language department, Ilmar Tomusku;
- Deputy Chairperson of the European Commission for Values and Transparency Vera Yurova.
The sanctions were imposed in response to the actions of the European Union, which imposed restrictive measures against Russian citizens in March 2021, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.