Zelensky’s approval rating slides to 31% – poll
The survey was conducted on September 12-16.REUTERS
That’s among voters who intend to cast ballots and have already made up their choice, according to a poll conducted by Kyiv International Institute of Sociology (KIIS).
Another 18.9% of those polled would vote for former President Petro Poroshenko, and 13.3% for the leader of the pro-Russian Opposition Bloc Party Yuriy Boyko.
Read alsoUkrainian political parties: fresh ratingsAnother 9.9% would cast ballots for leader of the Batkivshchyna (Fatherland) Party Yulia Tymoshenko, 6.8% for leader of the Syla i Chest’ (Strength and Honor) Party Ihor Smeshko, 6% for leader of the Radical Party Oleh Liashko. Some 4.9% said they would vote for leader of the Hromadianska Pozytsia (Civil Position) Party Anatoliy Hrytsenko, and 2.3% for former MP Oleksandr Vilkul.
Other politicians have scored less than 6.1% all together.
Compared to Zelenky’s rating in April, his approval rating fell by 10.8 percentage points (from 42.6% to 31.8%), while that of Poroshenko rose by four percentage points (from 14.9% to 18.9%).
The mechanics of the poll
- The survey was conducted on September 12-16 through computer-assisted telephone interviews (CATI) using a random selection of cell numbers.
- The sample is representative of the adult population (aged 18 and older). The survey was conducted in settlements across Ukraine with the exception of Russia-occupied Crimea and certain districts in Donetsk and Luhansk regions. The study involved 2,000 respondents.
- The margin of error does not exceed 2.2% for indicators close to 50%, 2.1% for indicators close to 25%, and 1.4% for indicators close to 10%.
- The survey conducted on August 29-September 3 showed 44% of respondents trusted President Zelensky, while 51% distrusted.
- At the same time, a poll run on September 3-6 gave Zelensky 29% of support in potential elections.
- (C)UNIAN 2020