Surkov calls on “volunteers” of Russian Federation to be ready to return to fight in Donbass – Pegov
Speaking to Russian “volunteers”, Russian presidential aide Vladislav Surkov made it clear that the services of the mercenary militants may again be needed on the “fronts” of occupied Donbass. This was told by author of the WarGonzo project, Russian propagandist Semion Pegov.
According to him, Surkov traditionally visited the closed part of congress of the Union of Donbass Volunteers, organized in Moscow by first leader of the “DNR” Alexander Borodai.
It is noted that the congress was attended by both former and current field commanders of the “DNR/LNR”.
Semion Pegov writes that “the conversation at the meeting was frank, the most pressing issues with the participation of the presidential aide were discussed behind the closed for journalists doors”.
Allegedly, “all those present were once again told that no one is going to “give up the Donbass”, and in the event of escalation of the situation, the potential of Russia’s voluntary movement should be ready to be activated as soon as possible in the volumes necessary for the front”.
As previously reported, Russia does not comply with the main provisions of the protocol signed on September 5, 2014 in Minsk. In particular, the Minsk Protocol provides for an immediate bilateral cessation of the use of weapons, permanent monitoring on the Ukrainian-Russian state border and verification by the OSCE with the creation of a security zone in the border regions of Ukraine and the Russian Federation, the removal of illegal armed formations, military equipment, as well as militants and mercenaries from the territory of Ukraine. Instead, Russia supports the occupation authorities of Donbass with weapons, ammunition, military equipment and personnel on a permanent basis.