SURVEY09.11.2019 13:51More than 57% of residents of temporarily non-controlled territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions consider themselves Ukrainian citizens.
This is stated in the results of quantitative public opinion research conducted in the occupied territories of Donbas on October 7-31 by the New Image Marketing Group and published in the Dzerkalo Tyzhnia online media outlet.
“57.8% of residents of so-called ‘Donetsk People’s Republic’ and ‘Luhansk People’s Republic’ called themselves Ukrainian citizens. Obviously, they keep a Ukrainian passport on a shelf. However, 41.6% of those who said goodbye to Ukraine live next to them. Among them, 34.8% have the DPR/LPR passports and 6.8% have Russian passports. It is likely that among these people there is a hidden percentage of those who hesitated and had been pressured by personal circumstances,” the statement reads.
At the same time, it is noted that more than 42% of those living in the occupied territories have never thought about getting a Russian passport.
According to the research results, 80.8% of residents of the occupied territories have never thought about leaving these territories, while another 19.2% think about leaving but have not decided where to go.
The face-to-face interview was conducted with 1,606 respondents: 800 in the non-controlled part of Luhansk region and 806 in the non-controlled part of Donetsk region. Official 2014 statistical data were used to calculate the sample, adjusted taking into account available demographic data of IDPs who left uncontrolled territories.
Time for Donbas Maidan.
And 100% of IDP’s consider themselves Ukrainian
And those are the 57% who were brave enough to answer the poll honestly. The true number is doubtlessly higher.