According to the preliminary information, about 10,000 people are taking part in the protest
The protest action against the Steinmeier formula is taking place at Maidan Nezalezhnosti Square in Kyiv, as Hromadske informs.
The participants demand:
- Prohibit the implementation of the special status for Donetsk, Luhansk and any other regions of Ukraine.
- Prohibit the implementation of amnesty or the pro-Russian militaries of the so-called Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics.
- Prohibit the troops’ withdrawal from the demarcation line,
- Prohibit the organization of any non-governmental military formations, particularly the People’s Polices on the territory of the occupied Donbas.
- Prohibit the elections to any government bodies or self-government on the territories of the so-called Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics for obtaining full control along the entire length of the Ukrainian-Russian border.
Withdraw from the unsuccessful Minsk format and initiate Budapest negotiations format.
Earlier, Pavlo Klimkin, the ex-Minister of Ukraine’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, urged to stop talkings about the adoption of the Steinmeier formula by Ukraine.
Steinmeier’s formula calls for elections to be held in the separatist-held territories under Ukrainian legislation and the supervision of the OSCE. If the OSCE judges the balloting to be free and fair, then a special self-governing status for the territories will be initiated and Ukraine will be returned control of its easternmost border.